Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Downtown Appleton, WI
About Pfefferle Management:
Pfefferle Management, a division of Pfefferle Companies, Inc., is Wisconsin’s largest property management company of commercial real estate. Our team of professionals manages over 200 commercial properties and more than 85 residential complexes throughout the state of Wisconsin. Our residential portfolio includes apartments, duplexes, townhomes, condominiums, and homeowner associations.
Pfefferle Management is looking for an accounting assistant to work in our residential management department. The right person for this position will have a firm understanding of basic accounting principles and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. The position provides an opportunity to expand one’s knowledge of accounting as well as property management in a supportive, team-oriented office environment.
- Accounts Receivable – depositing manual rent and condo checks.
- Send out monthly accounts receivable statements.
- Accounts Payable – process all invoices that are received via software or mail.
- Pay bills weekly.
- Follow up with property managers and department managers regarding any accounts to send out 5-day notifications.
- Process moveout security deposits.
- Pay owners as needed.
- Daily processing of work orders, entering technicians labor chargers into billing software
- Set up vendors: verify all information is added correctly, acquire tax information and COIs.
- Keep all client, tenant, and vendor information current.
- Assist with monthly financials.
- Work on year end tax information including processing 1099-NECs.
- Assist with creation of rent statements.
- Reconcile bank statements
- General clerical responsibilities including filing.
- Other tasks that are given.
- 2+ years of related accounting/billing/general office experience (required)
- Associate degree in accounting (preferred)
- Experience in property management (preferred)
- Attention to detail
- Proper phone etiquette
- Customer service
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication with team members
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to adapt to the needs of the company
- Demonstrate timeliness when working on projects and tasks
- Eager to help out in a team environment
Residential Assistant Manager
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Options
- 401(k) with Match
- Short Term Disability (Company Paid)