Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Downtown Appleton, WI
$70,000 – $80,000
About Pfefferle Management:
Pfefferle Management, a division of Pfefferle Companies, Inc., is Wisconsin’s largest property management company of commercial real estate, managing over 13 million square feet of more than 200 commercial properties with 1,500 tenants in nearly 40 cities throughout Wisconsin. Pfefferle Management is a family-owned business that has experienced consistent growth in the 50 years since its founding.
Pfefferle Management is looking for an experienced accountant to work with property owners and property managers to proactively manage the finances of commercial real estate properties, emphasizing managing cash flow and ensuring accurate budgeting to meet the ongoing and future needs of the property.
- Monthly accounting close, balance sheet schedules, reconciliations, and prepare timely and accurate financial/operating report packages for properties.
- Review the balance sheet and income statement to ensure all transactions are recorded appropriately and timely. Analyze and understand fluctuations in account balances and identify drivers.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with supporting schedules on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly financial reports in accordance with owner specifications.
- All financial transactions that are processed through the properties by performing balance sheet analysis, operating expense review, P&L variance analysis, cash flow projections.
- Calculate and record appropriate depreciation and amortization of fixed assets, tenant improvements, leasing commissions, and other in-tangibles.
- Preparation and/or review of the CAM, real estate tax, insurance and other miscellaneous reconciliations and assist Property Managers to assure accuracy.
- Assist property manager in any tenant billing disputes.
- Assist in property budgeting and forecasting – compile key leasing assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants. Enter budget/forecast information into the accounting software system, review data for accuracy, and provide applicable variance comments.
- Cash management functions including bank reconciliations, bank transfers, owner distributions/cash sweeps, and payment processing.
- Research, analyze and effectively communicate complex accounting issues and escalate appropriately.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients and property management in a timely manner.
- Assist in the setup and transitions of properties which may include loading beginning balance information, sale pro-ration calculations, and closing entries.
- Assist in the set-up of new properties – units, leases, bank accounts.
- Review invoices for proper coding
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting experience (Real Estate/Construction Industry a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Property Management Software a plus.
- Team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to prioritize projects, requests, and deadlines
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to use power equipment
- Trailer hauling experience is a plus
- Hardworking and an honest person
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
Chief Financial Officer
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Options
- 401(k) with Match
- Short Term Disability (Company Paid)